This coastal accessories project is all about combining the complimentary colors of lime greens and aqua blues 💚💙
Do you need just a few accessories to finish off a room in your home?
Ask me for help - I can curate for any design style! It’s one of my favorite things to do!
Check out my curated accessory examples here: https://allisonducharmeinteriordesign.com/customdesigns/#/decorating/
Here is my personal usage of Halloween decor for a modern look
I’ve been busy purchasing accessories for styling projects, installing in January. Here’s a Boho inspired package for a community in California.
The calm before the storm - enjoying the last few times where my mudroom will be clean and organized before winter jackets, boots and accessories fully take over
Putting together a collection of materials and finishes for a family room re-design in Billerica, MA 🛋.
Design Transformation Tuesday: before & after of a dining room for a family in Lexington, MA. Clean ✔️ Simple ✔️ Practical✔️
Ending my week with a delivery of blue accessories and custom art to my client in Salem, NH 💙 Happy Friday!
Existing pillow fabric + a new design vision = ...well you’ll see soon enough!
Happy Tuesday! I look forward to showing you all a recent family room re-design I’ve been working on and in the mean time, here’s a sneak peek!
As it officially starts to feel like autumn - with the beginning of leaves falling from trees and a crisp feel in the air, add some classic fall foliage decor into your home to last all season long
Project Location: Lexington, MA
Over the last couple of months I have worked on multiple living spaces (family room, dining room, playroom) within a home in Lexington, MA. The main goal for these rooms was to create a complete refresh of the living spaces that allowed for function and incorporated style along with comfort while also working with non-traditional dimensions. Here are some key points, tips & tricks, and details about each room I designed along with before & after pictures.
· I added a larger sectional to be more proportional and created a more practical angle for the family to relax and watch TV. This longer sectional allowed for more space for each family member
· Fun fact alert! This Crypton sofa fabric is kid friendly! This fabric is similar to sunbrella where it's highly stain resistant and easy to clean
· After drawing the floor-plan, figuring out the space planning, and knowing I wanted to add a chair next to the fireplace; I knew that I would have to source a carpet where I could customize it’s length and width to fit the room (9’-6" x 15’-6")
· This rug is pet-friendly! With my clients having two cats, I was able to find a gorgeous Stanton carpet at my local rug store and have them cut it to size and serge the edge
· This rug became the inspiration for the rest of the room’s style and color scheme
· Modern patterned pillows to add a pop of color and texture to the room were added to complete the look
· The furniture includes additional storage components to hold toys, books, blankets, extra pillows, etc.
· Fun fact alert! The coffee table ottoman has a lift top to store any items and pulls up to the sectional for a comfortable foot rest
· I included an entertainment console with drawers and doors for small items and flanked the fireplace with bookcases to hold items they would like to display, with baskets on the bottom shelf for books and small toys
· At the end of the room, I selected a swivel chair and upholstered it in an ice blue fabric to tie into the blue geometric pillow fabric
· The two bookcases create a nice symmetry at the end of the room and help balance out the height of the floor-to-ceiling navy drapery panels
Additional “fun facts!”
· Honeycomb top/down, bottom/up light filtering shades were added throughout the home for superior functionality and privacy
· All of the art in the living room was customized by a trade vendor, where I was able to crop to the right size as well as select the frame style and finish
· The room was accessorized to carry the blues and silvers throughout
· I wanted to keep the dining room more classic, and incorporated a custom dining table and chairs in a dark chocolate/espresso stain
· I incorporated an existing piece of art, which beautifully compliments the custom art added into the family room
· The chandelier was replaced with a beautiful drum pendant, which gives the space more “drama” and a modern edge
· The floor-to-ceiling drapery panels add a nice pop of contrast against the light gray walls
Before & After Photos
Client’s master bathroom renovation in Sudbury, MA is complete! Waiting on some finishing touches before the grand reveal.
Pillows on pillows on pillows with a little leopard print never looked so good!
I don’t know about you but my eyes are immediately drawn to the orange velvet chair in this TV room I designed - it sure is lux-ur-ious and adds a punch!
More photos to come once a few more pieces arrive!
These ADID custom made beauties are headed to a California beach community by the sea. I'll be there to style them and many more accessories next month!
I spy with my design eye the beginning of a gorgeous and accent-red luxurious family room in Windham, NH.
Indoor faux succulent garden install today in Newton, MA - designed and installed by ADID! Before & Afters below.
One of my favorite spaces I have designed...!
The flow of one room to another should be seamless and each room should compliment one another. Here is a prime example of how the kitchen and casual living space both reflect a relaxed and classic vibe.
These gorgeous accessories are headed to California!